Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Smells of the holidays

My mom, sister and I went to Waynesville last Friday night for a "girls night out". We walked downtown Waynesville, visited the shops, and squeezed in at the last minute to have dinner at Der Dutchman. Well, it was partially for mom's birthday (which was yesterday) too. Anyway, it was nice to smell the holiday smells. The cool air outside, the warm air inside, the spiced candles that the shops had burning. I love the smells this time of year. Smells seem to warm my insides and remind me of years gone by. Times when I was a little girl and my most important job was to get my dolls to bed...or my G.I. Joes lined up right. I love this time of year...Thanksgiving and Christmas. The smells, the lights, the joy of Christ and all that He does for us. I am blessed!

No comments: