Thursday, October 11, 2007

the library...books, magazines, dvds, classes


I must tell you that the library is one of my favorite places to go! I really enjoy reading both magazines and books. My favorite magazines are Real Simple, Mother Earth News & Country Home. I enjoy non fiction books mostly and focus the majority of the time on organizing, home keeping, making things, simple living, and finding peace. The library has so much to offer and one of the best things is that it is all free!
Some of the wonderful things about the libray to our family are as follows; being able to order books & movies online and then pick them up at our convenience, requesting newly released movies and then waiting for the library to email you when they are in, and adult and children's classes on a variety of interesting topics . My oldest son loves to pick out an animal or holiday and then go find a book or movie that relates to it. He thinks it is so wonderful that he can borrow so many books. I just enjoyed a very relaxing evening making hand milled soap at my local library. A local mom brought in her homemade soap base, essential oils, dried flowers and molds and taught us how to make our own hand milled soap. The soaps that I made are shown above. I made a lavender, Eucalyptus and an orange scented soap. They smell heavenly! Can you believe the library offered this class totally free? They are soon offering basket weaving, jewelry making and scrapbooking classes for adults. I will take my oldest next week to a pumpkin painting night for kids. How fun!
With a little patience (waiting on the new release list for your movie to come in) you can get new movies for free, you can learn to make handmade goodies and you can teach your children how wonderful reading can be! The library is a wonderful resource. I have saved at least $60 a year on just borrowing magazines from the library. Magazine subscriptions add up quickly! So before you go to buy a book, order a magazine subscription or pay to take a class, check with your local library. When I was at the soap class the representative from the library was asking for ideas for other classes that we might have interest in. So they are even open to suggestions of what you may want to learn. Enjoy life...and take time to read!

No comments: