Thursday, October 9, 2008

We need to "communicate" mom!


It was a typical drive in to town last week, when my five year old decides that he needs to school me on how to communicate. I guess this is what happens when our little ones start school. They know everything all of a sudden-and so much more than mom!
Well he tells me that we need to communicate more. And "mom, do you know what communicate means?". "Yes, I do", I say. Well, I guess he didn't hear me, because he starts to tell me that communicating is when you talk to each other and tell your feelings. Then he proceeds to tell me that we need to work with his two year old brother more so that he can communicate. Because we don't know what he wants (because he has a very small vocabulary that is comprised of "NO!" 90% of the time!).
Oh, these precious moments. When we get to watch our children learn, express their feelings and become little smart people. His Nena (grandma) always says that he is gifted!:)

No comments: