Friday, September 21, 2007

Contentment

Oh to find it! To be satisfied with life as it is today, with no expectation for tomorrow. Some days I feel totally content and then on other days I crave for what could be, should be and how I would feel better "if only".

With maturity seems to come contentment...or at least the people that I look up to seem to be that way. I guess that is why I look forward to being in my 40's and 50's...hoping for contentment to arrive. It would be nice to be comfortable in my own skin, to know that I am who I am by God's grace...and not care what anyone else thinks of me. To know that life is a process and that I am where I am today because I'm on the journey of life. See most of these thoughts I can speak...but I want to own them, to be them, to carry them with me day after day.

Like the Bible talks about being content and balanced. Not like a wavering man being tossed back and forth and unstable in all his ways (Nicole's paraphrase :)). That's what I want! I want to be content, balanced and predictable. That may sound boring to some...but to me it sounds peaceful!

No comments: